BEACON & CW MEMORY KEYER
This kit includes the assembled and tested CW Keyer PCB and some other parts you can see on the pics. Also I am including the circuit diagram, diagram of connections and CLEAR ENGLISH INSTRUCTION how to use this CW Keyer and using the CW Key store your text messages in keyer's memory banks.
1. CW IAMBIC KEY "A" MODE
2. CW BEACON MODE
YOU CAN SWITCH OPERATIONAL MODES CHANGING JUMPER JMP1 POSITION OR USE THE SWITCH INCLUDED IN THIS KIT SOLDERING IT TO THE JUMPER CONTACTS.
In this CW IAMBIC KEY "A" MODE you can use this Keyer just everyday working in the air. Also it allows you to send the AUTO CQ call or/and stored in its Memory Bank THREE message.
To activate AUTO CQ function push momentarily the SELECT knob. The Keyer would send this message:
CQ CQ DE (call sign) (call sign) K - then 5 sec pause and it repeats again until you click the DOT of your key or push the RESET knob mometarily.
To activate Sending Message function push and hold for more than 1 sec the SELECT knob. The Keyer would send ONCE a message that was stored in the Memory Bank THREE. You can stop it by clicking the DOT or push the RESET knob mometarily.
The CW BEACON MODE is usable in HF or VHF Beacons. In this mode the Keyer is repeatedly sending the standard beacon message:
"Call sign" BEACON QRA "QRA LOC" then 25 sec long Beep then 5 sec pause and it repeats again and again.
Even if you switch the power supply OFF and then in a time ON again the Keyer would start sending the beacon message while it is set in the CW Beacon Mode.
This Keyer works fine within 5 to 15V DC voltage.
To get this KIT worked you should solder its connectors and some other parts to the pins on its PCB. I am including the circuit and diagramm of the connection. It is really very simple. Only thing you have to do is to find a suitable enclosure of your choice and mount the PCB and connectors there. Or you can place this Keyer PCB inside your radio or VHF & HF Beacon.
1. Pushing Knobs S1 and S2 (SELECT and RESET knobs)
2. Power supply panel connector (power jack fits there)
3. Power jack (to solder the power cord there)
4. Output key(TX) and PTT connectors (to use them to connect the keyer to your radio)
5. Assembled and tested Keyer PCB with AtTiny13 proc (already programmed)
6. Operational Modes Switch (to solder it to the JMP1 jumper contacts)
7. 3 pin male stereo connector (to connect the key there)
8. 5V Buzzer (plus leg is a longer one)
9. 1k Pot (CW Speed setting)
10. Plastic knob of the pot
12. Diagramm of the connections and circuit diagramm
Download a copy of the description I am including with the Keyer there
We take PayPal and you can pay pushing "Buy Now" button.
Click the button below and buy the balun for 23 USD + 6 USD shipping.